(Cisco Networking Academy Program)
1050 hours | Blended
The Cisco Networking Academy offers a broad foundation of knowledge and skills in configuring, administering, and troubleshooting LAN/WAN infrastructures. The program prepares students to take the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and CompTIA Network+ certification exams. It is designed to help students gain employment as a Computer Support Assistant, Network Support Assistant, Network Administrator, Wireless Network Administrator and Data Communications Analyst.
- Study at home and demonstrate your skills during in-person labs (required) on Wednesday evenings.
- Use the latest official interactive curriculum developed by Cisco.
- Obtain a free Cisco software simulation program.
- Ideal course for working professionals to gain or renew their industry certifications.
- Access real routers and switches with face-to-face mentoring.
Program Content Includes:
- OSI and TCP/IP layering models and Network troubleshooting
- IPv4 and IPV6 addressing and Sub-netting
- Cable making and testing
- Configuring routers and switches via IOS command line
- Setting up basic and advanced security features including access lists
- New students are admitted to the program every 9 weeks.
- The course is taught online with a regularly scheduled classroom session on Wednesday evenings from 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. at Sheridan Technical College.
- Full time students can complete the program in four (4) nine week terms.
- Part time students can complete the program in eight (8) nine week terms.
900 hrs | Blended – Online & Class Time
The Computer Systems & Information Technology program offers a broad foundation of knowledge and skills that prepares students for employment in the Computer/Network/Security fields. The course content includes computer hardware, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance, operating systems and software, networking fundamentals, networking protocols, networking media and topologies, network devices, network requirements, network tools, local area networks, identifying network security threats, WAN links and Wireless technologies. The Computer Systems & Information Technology student will receive preparation for the CompTIAA+, Network+, and Security+Certifications.
1050 hours | Blended
The Network Systems Administration program is designed to prepare students for employment as an Information Technology Assistant, Computer Support Assistant, Network Support Technician, Systems Administrator, Systems Engineer, Wireless Network Administrator, and Data Communications Analyst. The content includes instruction in basic hardware configuration and troubleshooting; networking technologies, security, wireless networking, network administration, data security and backup, customer service and human relations skills.
The Network Systems Administration program prepares students for the CompTIA A+, Network+, and portions of the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Windows Server 2016, including: Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016 (Exam 70-740) and Identity with Windows Server 2016 (Exam 70-742). Instruction and hands-on labs include VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization, using multiple virtual machines in an Active Directory domain environment, modern data centers, advanced storage systems, clustering, and cloud services.. The program consists of two online days(Mon and Fri), which include a live web-conference session with the teacher, and three classroom days (Tue, Wed, Thu) spent performing hands-on labs.
Candidates are capable of implementing, building, troubleshooting, and debugging a particular Microsoft technology. The certification provides employers with a means to identify those qualified individuals who have the appropriate skill set to do the job successfully. Once you pass your first Microsoft certification exam you will become a “Microsoft Certified Professional” (MCP).
Two Specific MCSA Certifications are covered in the program:
- Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016 (Exam 70-740)
- Identity with Windows Server 2016 (Exam 70-742)
Two other IT Certifications are included in this program:
- CompTIA A+ Certification, for Computer Diagnosis and Repair, and
- CompTIA Network+ Certification, for Network Diagnosis and Repair
1050 hours | Online
For more information on any of these programs, contact:
Victor Calderon, Guidance Counselor
Sheridan Technical College