The GED® Preparation program is available to those students who do not have a high school diploma and intend to enroll or are currently enrolled in a Workforce Education Program. This course provides individualized instruction in preparation for the GED® test and allows you to work at your own pace. The GED® Preparation course includes the four subject areas measured on the GED® test:
- Reasoning through Language Arts
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Social Studies
We offer the GED® preparation course online and and face-to-face. For more information on our ONLINE GED®test preparation course, please call 754 321-5451.
Prior to enrolling in the GED® preparation course you will need to take the TABE placement tests. The TABE tests is offered at the MAIN campus, Monday – Thursday at 9:00 a.m. in Building 11 and at the WEST campus on Tuesday and Wednesday at 9:00 a.m. in Room 116, no appointment necessary. There is a $10 testing fee and you will need to bring a photo ID.
Take Your GED® Test
Sheridan Technical College offers the new 2014 GED® test on computer; a brand new way to take today’s test and earn your GED® credential.
The GED® test on computer offers test-takers a better testing experience, featuring:
- Same day scoring
- 24/7 registration and scheduling online
- Flexible testing and pay as you go options
- Detailed score report including college and career readiness information
- An electronic, secure, diploma and Smart Transcript
- Online access to view, print, and request a professionally printed diploma free of charge
The GED® test must be taken in person, at an official GED® testing center. Register today at www.GED.com. A testing fee of $32 per subject is required. Credit card payments are made online at time of registration.
The GED® test contains 4 content areas:
- Reasoning Through Language Arts – 150 minutes
- Mathematical Reasoning – 115 minutes
- Science – 90 minutes
- Social Studies – 70 minutes
GED® Test Passing Scores: (145 -164) per subject; GED® College Ready Scores (165-174) ; GED® College Ready + Credit (175-200)
- Provide proof of official High School withdrawal.
- Provide proof of passing scores on the GED Ready® Practice Test. You must be enrolled in a GED® preparation class in any Adult, Community or Technical College in Broward County and take the GED Ready® Practice Test.
- Complete the CTACE Workforce Education GED® Underage Waiver Application which must be notarized and signed by a legal guardian. This form will be provided from your instructor.
- Complete the Florida GED® Testing Program Underage Waiver Form which you will receive once you begin the registration process online at www.GED.com.
- Submit all documents to your GED instructor to begin the approval process.
*Accommodations are available with prior approval. More information is provided on the GED.com website.