How to Apply
Automotive Student Service Educational Training PROGRAM APPLICATION PROCEDURES
- Submit, mail, or fax the Corporate Automotive Technology Program Application to Ford ASSET Program, Sheridan Technical College, 5400 Sheridan Street, Hollywood, FL 33021. Telephone 754-321-5400 Fax 754-321-5680. See the program counselor for an application for this program.
- Attend Sheridan Technical College orientation and take the state of Florida basic skills test (cost $20.00 and picture ID required). The Automotive orientation is given every Thursday morning at 8:45 am . Please arrive on campus thirty (30) minutes prior to the scheduled start time, check-in with the receptionist in the Student Services Building # 11 and fill out our Sheridan Technical College Application.
- Complete a Broward College APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION online at www.facts.org, click on “Admissions”, click on “Admissions Applications”. Print 3 copies of the confirmation page (one for BC, second for ASSET instructor/coordinator, third for your records). Visit BC South Campus with copy of online admission confirmation, proof of one- year Florida residence, and a non-refundable $35.00 Application Fee (all first-time BC applicants).
- Take the Computerized Placement Test (CPT) at Broward College (preferably South Campus). Sample test questions are available at: https://www.broward.edu/testing/testing/South/page6899.html . Information about test dates and times are available when you submit the College Application form to the registrar or you can call 954-201-8835 option #4 for the weekly orientation/CPT test schedule. You will not be required to take this test if you can present proof of having completed a college course in Algebra and English Composition (transcript required) or can present scores for an ACT or SAT test, taken within the last 2 years, to the BC South Campus Advisement Office. Bring copy of test result to ASSET instructor/coordinator.
- After completion of steps 1-4 please contact ASSET program instructor/coordinator for an appointment.
For more information on program cost, schedule, content, and admission requirements, see the program flyer or contact:
Jim Anderson at 754-321-5549 or via e-mail at [email protected]