Electrocardiograph (EKG) Technology
Become a Electrocardiograph (EKG) Technician!
The Electrocardiograph (EKG) Technology program prepares students for employment as electrocardiograph aides, electrocardiograph technicians, cardiovascular technologists/technicians or to provide supplemental training for persons previously or currently employed in this occupation. EKG technicians, also known as cardiographic or electrocardiogram technicians, perform diagnostic tests to aid doctors in identifying and treating cardiovascular problems in patients. The program content includes, but is not limited to: communication and interpersonal skills, overview of human anatomy and physiology with emphasis on cardiac and vascular systems, medical terminology and transcription, patient care techniques, medical instrumentation, cardiovascular drugs, interpretation of monitoring and testing results, medical ethics, cardiac wellness and rehabilitation, safe and efficient work practices, CPR, Basic Life Support (BLS) and employability skills. The curriculum integration of theory and practice prepares students to take the Certified EKG Technician assessment.
Requirements for Admission
- Orientation/Testing/Counselor Interview – see back page for details
- Drug Screening
- FDLE Level II Background Check
- Completed Physical/Immunizations
- Health/Accident Insurance
Industry Certification & State Credential Exams
Students will be prepared to take an approved state and/or nationally recognized industry certification or licensure exam in their field of study.
- Certified EKG Technician (CET)
- Anatomy of the cardiovascular system
- Legal and ethical responsibilities of the EKG aide
- Use of EKG instrumentation modalities
- Perform patient care techniques in the health care facility
- Recognize normal and abnormal monitoring and testing results
- Describe cardiovascular drugs, their actions, use, and adverse effects
- Cardiovascular diagnostic modalities;
Enroll in our Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) program today.
For more information on program cost, schedule, content, and admission requirements, see the program flyer or contact the counselor at: [email protected]
465 hrs / Full Time 4 months
January 2023 (TBD)
Days & Times:
- Monday – Friday
7:00 pm – 1:30 pm