The GED® Preparation program is available to those students who do not have a high school diploma and intend to enroll or are currently enrolled in a Workforce Education Program. This course provides individualized instruction in preparation for the GED® test and allows you to work at your own pace. The GED® Preparation course includes the four subject areas measured on the GED® test:
- Reasoning through Language Arts
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Social Studies
Prior to enrolling in the GED® preparation course, you will need to take the CASAS Goals/TABE placement test. The CASAS Goals/TABE test is offered at the MAIN campus, Monday – Thursday at 9:30 a.m. in Building 11, by appointment only and at the WEST campus on Tuesday 9:00 a.m. in Room 116, no appointment necessary. There is a $15 testing fee and you will need to bring a valid picture I.D. (State I.D., Driver’s License or Passport). The CASAS Goals/TABE test consists of 3 sections, Reading, Language and Math and may take more than one day (appx. 4 ½ hours each day) to complete all sections. Please plan accordingly.
Take Your GED® Test
The GED® test on computer offers test-takers:
- Same day scoring
- 24/7 registration and scheduling online
- Flexible testing and pay as you go options
- Detailed score report including college and career readiness information
- An electronic, secure, diploma and Smart Transcript
- Online access to view, print, and request a professionally printed diploma free of charge
The GED® test must be taken in person, at an official GED® testing center. Register today at www.GED.com. A testing fee of $32 per subject is required. Credit card payments are made online at time of registration.
The GED® test contains 4 content areas:
- Reasoning Through Language Arts – 150 minutes
- Mathematical Reasoning – 115 minutes
- Science – 90 minutes
- Social Studies – 70 minutes
GED® Test Passing Scores: (145 -164) per subject; GED® College Ready Scores (165-174) ; GED® College Ready + Credit (175-200)
Broward County requirements listed below:
1. Provide official proof of withdrawal from high school.
2. Pass all four (4) subjects of the GED Ready Practice Test which must be taken in a
proctored environment, under the supervision of a school official, at one of the Broward
Technical Colleges or Adult and Community Schools.
3. If a passing score on all (4) four subjects are met, the candidate will complete the CTACE
GED Underage Waiver Application which must be signed by a parent/guardian and
notarized. A school official from the proctored test site will fill in the GED Ready Scores and
submit the documents to the GED Testing Office for approval.
**If a passing score on one or more subjects is not met, the candidate must enroll in a
GED Preparation Course at one of the Broward Technical Colleges or Adult and
Community Schools to remediate and re-test.
4. A school official must submit the GED Underage Waiver and proof of high school
withdrawal to the district GED coordinator for approval.
success on the GED Ready Practice Test. To enroll in a GED Preparation course, Please
call (754) 321-5451 for the Online GED® course or (754) 321-5492 for the Face-to-Face course.
To schedule an appointment for the GED Ready Practice Test at Sheridan Technical College,
please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 754-321-5419.